2017年12月11日 星期一

[歌曲翻譯] The Edge of Soul《刀魂》

THE EDGE OF SOUL(靈魂之刃)

Khan
Soul Edge《ソウルエッジ》/PS遊戲《刀魂》主題曲

Transcending history and the world,  a tale of soul and swords eternally told
凌駕於歷史與世界之上,靈魂與劍的傳奇不斷地被傳頌著。

To love!  To shine!
去愛吧!!去照耀吧!!

We all need to shine on, to see
我們都需要去照耀!!去見識!!
How far we've come on our journey
我們的旅程還有多遠
How far yet to go, searching for our star
還有多遠才能找到我們的星光

Deep in the night, I pray in my heart
深夜中,我在心中祈禱
for that special light
向那獨特的光芒
to shower me with love
用愛洗滌我
to shower me with power
用力量洗滌我
to shine from above
來自上方照耀

I got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on what I believed in from the very start
我一定要得到那魂之刃,繼續我一開始就相信的事物
I got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on deep in my heart
我一定要得到那魂之刃,持續深入我心

To love, to shine (2x)
去愛吧!!去照耀吧!!

Come strip down and face it, your all
剝下它、面對它,你的所有
About time you broke down your wall
該是你打破你的障壁的時候

Free your mind
讓你的心靈解放
A brand new world waits for you, you'll find
一個嶄新的世界等待著你,你會發現到的
Nobody can just do it for you
沒人能為你做到
It's time that you knew
是你所知道的時刻
It's up to you to love
取決與你所愛
it's up to you to shine
取決與你所照耀
the light true and blue
那光芒是真實與憂傷的

You got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on what you believed in from the very start
你一定要得到那魂之刃,繼續你一開始就相信的事物
You got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on, deep in your heart
我一定要得到那魂之刃,持續深入你心
You got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on what you believed in from the very start (3x)
你一定要得到那魂之刃,繼續你一開始就相信的事物
You got to get to the Edge of Soul, to carry on, deep in your heart
我一定要得到那魂之刃,持續深入你心
To love, to shine! (2x)
去愛吧!!去照耀吧!!
To love!
去愛吧!!

2017年12月1日 星期五

[文章翻譯練習] 5 Things Xenoblade Chronicles X Director Tetsuya Takahashi Told Us (Game)

5 Things Xenoblade Chronicles X Director Tetsuya Takahashi Told Us

五件由《異域神劍X》監督高橋和哉告訴我們的事情

By Matt Peckham December 16, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X is my pick for best roleplaying game of 2015, and you can read why in my review. (That includes The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.)
《異域神劍X》是我所挑選2015年最棒的RPG遊戲,你可以在我的評論中讀到理由
(這包含了《巫師3》與《異塵餘生4》。

The only reason Monolith Soft’s Wii U masterpiece didn’t make my Top 10 video games of 2015 list was a technicality: the deadline arrived before my press copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X did.
Monolith Soft在Wii U主機上的巨作之所以沒在我〈2015十大主機遊戲〉上的唯一理由是個技術上的問題:截稿日在我寫完《異域神劍X》的稿件前。

 Call this my “Top 11 of 2015” addendum then.
所以我以這篇《2015十一大主機遊戲》來補充。

I had a chance to ask the game’s executive director (and studio Monolith Soft founder) Tatsuya Takahasi a few questions about the game, his thoughts on Japanese gaming, and what he’s hoping to do next. This is what he told me.
我正好有個機會能夠詢問到遊戲的執行監督(同時是 Monolith Soft工作室的創立者)─高橋和哉,一些關於遊戲的問題。這些是他告訴我的。



Xenoblade Chronicles X‘s free, optional data packs exist because the Wii U doesn’t let developers install games

《異域神劍X》免費的非必要檔案包之所以存在是因為Wii U沒有發展遊戲安裝功能。


“Open-world games are often designed with the idea that they’ll be installed on hard-disk media, but for this game, we tuned the engine to its very limits to make it playable without installation (something which I think is pretty innovative),” explains Takahashi. 
『「開放世界遊戲」時常與將「遊戲檔案安裝在硬碟」這樣的點子一起設計,但是對這款遊戲而言,我們將遊戲引擎調整到非常極限,使得它能夠在沒有硬碟安裝的情況下遊玩。(我覺得這是非常創新的)』高橋如此解釋。


“So there’s no problem at all if you’re walking or running around the game map, but since you can also fly through the air at high speed,we used the data packs (which are handled as additional content) to load part of the game data from storage instead of the disc, in order to make it more comfortable to play.”
「因此,若是你以步行或是奔馳的方式穿越遊戲地圖是完全沒有問題的,但是由於你也會高速飛越天空,所以我們使用檔案包(以額外增加內容),來從硬碟讀取部分遊戲檔案來代替光碟,為使它能夠更順暢地遊玩。


The studio intentionally distanced itself from the sort of philosophizing it’s known for

工作室刻意遠離掉為眾人所熟知的哲學類型風格


“The design focus for this game was on map exploration and character builds during battle,” says Takahashi. 
「這款遊戲構思的焦點在於戰鬥期間地圖的探索與的角色建構」高橋述說著。

“We deliberately distanced ourselves from having philosophical themes intertwined with the core of the story. 
「我們自己刻意將與故事核心交錯的具有哲學性質的主題給排除。

Given that we at Monolith Soft had no experience with developing HD titles, our goal with this project was to experiment with and implement the assorted tech skills we needed for HD game development. 
鑑於我們在Monolith Soft並沒有開發HD項目的經驗,所以我們在此的目標是實驗與實踐各式各樣在HD遊戲開發上所需的技能。

We decided that trying to balance that with an epic theme-laden story would pose difficulties. 
我們決定試著去平衡隨著充滿史詩氣息的故事所產生的困難

Our hope is that we can start by creating the core system, then expand on the story and thematic elements in our future project.
希望能夠藉由創造那核心系統開始,然後在我們將來的作品。從故事與主題的要素上展開」


This is the first game Takahashi feels gets robots and humans (in the same game) right
這是第一款高橋覺得在人與機器人並行(在同款遊戲裡)


“[I’ve] created an RPG in which you can have people on the same map as robots several times their size without things falling apart,” he says. 
『我已經做出一款「在沒有分割物件下,能讓人們與比它們大數倍的機器人在同個地圖上」的RPG遊戲。』他說。

“In previous projects, we’d create maps for human characters and maps for robots separately; 
having them both playable on the same maps isn’t nearly as simple as it sounds.”
「在之前的作品中,我們會幫人類角色製作地圖,然後另外幫機器人作地圖。
讓它們能夠一起在同張地圖上遊玩幾乎不像表面上說的。」

“If, say, a human character needs a map around 1km square to play on, then a robot six times that size would need a map 6km square—in other words, 36 times the size. At the same time, we can’t multiply our dev budget by 36 times what we need to create maps for human characters, so we needed to innovate with ways to express that kind of scope while keeping costs down.I think we did a really good job striking a balance with this project.”
「假設說,一個人類角色需要大約1平方公里的地圖,那麼一個六倍大的機器人會需要6平方公里的地圖。換言之,是36倍。同時,我們無法因為要製作36倍大的人類角色用地圖而增加經費,所以我們需要創新出能夠表達這類型視點的辦法,並同時降低成本。我認為,在這款作品當中我們的確作到漂亮的平衡。」


He prefers Western games to Japanese ones
比起日式遊戲更喜歡西式遊戲。

“Except for a subset of titles, Japanese RPGs are budgeted so they’ll make a profit off sales within Japan alone,” says Takahasi. 
「除本段標題所說外,日式RPG因經費的關係使它們會被製作得只有利於在日本銷售」
高橋說。

“It seems to me that building the entire world of the game itself (making it open-world) is considered one must-have element for Western RPGs nowadays, but that just can’t be done in the current Japan scene. But lately, I’ve started to wonder about whether this is really just because of budgetary issues.
「在我來看,「建構出一個遊戲自身的整個世界(讓它成為開放世界)這件事情對於今日西式RPG而言是必須具備的一項要素而被考量的,但是卻無法在當前的日本現場做到。我開始覺得納悶,是否真的只是因為經費上的問題。

 I think this is probably due to differences in cultural tastes, but in the current situation, it’s difficult to take content created in Japan and have it accepted in the West. 
我想這大概是因為不相同的文化體驗,在當前的處境下,這樣的內容製作在日本是有困難的,在西方是可以接受的。

As a result, you can only create things scaled to make money within Japan alone, and it becomes this negative spiral.”
結果,你就只能作出只能在日本賺錢水準的東西,然後變成這樣的惡性循環。

“Japanese tastes are unique compared to those in the West, so if you focus solely on gamers within Japan, you’ll always find yourself running into this problem. (I think this is easy to see when you notice that FPS-style games sell only around 100,000 copies or so in Japan, as opposed to 10 million worldwide.) 
「日系風格是獨特有別於西式,若是你僅僅聚焦在日本的遊戲玩家上,總是會發現自己跑進到這個問題之中。(我想這是很容易看到的,當你察覺到FPS類型遊戲在日本只能賣大約10萬片,對比在世界各地賣到千萬片。)

This may be a surprise to hear, but I don’t have very much interest in “current” Japanese anime and games, and I don’t play them, either. (I do get hands-on with them for future reference, though, and I still love older games that came out 30 or so years ago.) 
這聽到或許會感到驚訝,但是我不怎麼覺得「當前」的日本動畫與遊戲很有趣,我甚至也不怎麼碰它們。(我會為以後的參考碰它們,儘管如此,我仍然喜歡大約三十年以前的老遊戲。)

Most of the movies, TV dramas, novels, and games I pick up are made in the West. I don’t do this deliberately; that just turned out to be the kind of thing I like. As a result, I’ve come to the realization that it’s best to try and organically make the kind of things I like, or want.”
大多數我所挑選的電影、連續劇、小說與遊戲都是歐美製的,我並非刻意如此,就只是結果剛好是我喜歡這種類型。因此,我領悟到試著與自然而然地去製作我所喜歡或想要類型的東西是最好的。」

“We’re also seeing mobile games flourish in Japan while the console market declines, but the type of audience playing mobile games in Japan now has never bought my games, not since even before mobile existed.
「我們也看到手機遊戲在日本發展旺盛,同時單機市場衰退。但是現在在日本這類喜歡手機遊戲愛好者是絕對不會買我的遊戲,並非是在手機存在以前。

I consider the entire world to be my main field of battle, so I don’t worry about that at all. 
我考慮到以全世界作為主要奮戰的領域,所以我一點也不怎麼擔心。

I also think that other companies’ RPGs, those with the potential to fight it out on the world market, aren’t going to be threatened by the state of mobile within Japan. 
我也想過其他公司的RPG遊戲,是那些有潛力在全球市場一戰的,而不是會被日本手機那種狀況威脅的。

That’s the kind of thought process that led to the completion of Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I hope that people will be willing to give it a try.”
那是使得《異域神劍X》完成的想法過程,我希望大家會願意試試看。」


Monolith Soft’s next project will look and feel “pretty different from this one”
Monolith Soft的下一款遊戲與這次相比會看起來與感受「相當不一樣」

“I tend to get bored with things pretty easily, so I’d like to keep creating things with different approaches every time,” says Takahashi. 
「我很容易對事情感到厭倦,所以我喜歡持續每一次用不同的方式製作東西。」高橋說

“Along those lines, I’d definitely like my next project to look and feel pretty different from this one.
「沿著這條線,我當然喜歡我的下個作品與這次相比看起來與感覺相當不同。

 The ‘Xeno’ name, by the way, really just exists to make it clear that these are Tetsuya Takahashi productions.”
以「異端」為名,這樣的方式,使得它的確毫無疑問地是作為高橋和哉作品的存在。」




原文出處:http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/

[歌曲翻譯]〈Cry thunder〉(DragonForce)

〈Cry thunder〉(慟哭雷鳴)

DragonForce / 龍族樂團

專輯《Ultra Beatdown》

Time after time as we march side by side
一次又一次,我們並肩前進。
Through the valleys of evil and the torturing souls,
穿過邪惡的溪谷與扭曲的靈魂
Night after night, for the glory we fight,
日以繼夜,為榮耀而戰
In the kingdom of madness and the tales from the old
在瘋狂的國度與自古以來的傳奇之中


Death by our hands, for the higher command,
死亡藉由我等之手,為最高指揮
As the darkness surrounds us hear the cries as they fall
黑暗壟罩我們之時,聽到它們降臨的哭嚎
Fire burning steel and the tyrants will kneel
火焰燃燒著鋼鐵,暴君將會屈膝
Hearts burning stronger with the power of the sword
心靈與劍的力量一同燃燒的更加茁壯
Set sail for the glory,
為榮耀揚帆
Pray for the master of war (pray for the master of war)
向戰爭之主祈禱(向戰爭之主祈禱)
Sunlight will fall by the wastelands,
陽光將落在荒野
Endless rise for the heroes before
在不斷地為英雄升起之前

Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Sword in his hand,
劍在手中
Titans of justice, fearless we stand
正義的巨人,我們無懼而立
Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Strong in command
指揮若定
Blessed by the union, freedom of man
受聯盟祝福,人的自由


Reckoning day, for the demons we slay,
向所殺的惡魔算帳之日
With the force of a dragon we will conquer them all!
我們將與龍的力量對抗他們
Chaos still reigns devastation and flames
混沌仍然支配毀滅與火焰
For the ultimate glory when the legacy calls
遺留之物呼喊時,為了究極的榮耀

March on
前進
Through the hellfire
穿過地獄之火
Blazing for the darkness beyond (blazing for the darkness beyond)
在黑暗燃燒的彼端
Nightmare return of the thousands
成千上萬的夢靨回歸
Giving rise to the heroes once more
英雄再次崛起

Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Sword in his hand,
劍在手中
Titans of justice, fearless we stand
正義的巨人,我們無懼而立
Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Strong in command
指揮若定
Blessed by the union, freedom of man
受聯盟祝福,人的自由

Unholy darkness,
邪惡的黑暗
In the eyes of broken dreams,
在破碎夢境的目光之中
Outside of the wasted and torn,
在荒蕪與撕裂之外
A land of tears still remains
土地仍然持續分裂
Soldiers of destiny calling,
命運的戰士呼喊著
And the fallen will rise up again,
那倒下的將會再次崛起
Conquer the forces of evil and fight to the end
對抗邪惡的軍隊,奮戰直至終結

Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Sword in his hand,
劍在手中
Titans of justice, fearless we stand
正義的巨人,我們無懼而立
Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Strong in command,
指揮若定
Saviour of nations, freedom of man
國家的救世主,人的自由

Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Sword in his hand,
劍在手中
Warriors defending,
勇士們的保衛
One final stand
最後的一戰
Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴
Strong in command,
指揮若定
Blessed by the union, freedom of man
受聯盟祝福,人的自由
Blessed by the union of man
受人類聯盟的祝福,
Cry thunder!
慟哭雷鳴